Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Off roading it, my very un-Dukan Holiday...

Hello Hello,

Hope you all had a gorgeous Easter?  I had a BLAST in Glasgow for a friends wedding.  I used to live in Glasgow for about 4 and half years.  I left in summer 2007 and have only been back briefly for New Year 07/08 since then, so there were LOTS of people to catch up with and it was great fun.  The downside being that me and the bf had so many people to catch up with we were going from pub to pub, going 'drink drink drink, taxi! going the next pub, drink, drink, drink, etc. '

I'm not sure I enjoy drinking as much anymore... I said that to the bf and got a massive eye roll and some sort of tsk'ing noise about me being t-total and no fun but I think he misunderstands me.  I do *love* drinking but I think Dukan has helped me reaslise that I like drinking in moderation; a nice cocktail, or a gorgeous glass of wine and that's about it.  That's all I need.  I don't need, or in fact like, an ENORMOUS glass of luke warm chardonnay that they seem so keen to serve in pubs these days.  I hope, I really do, that the lessons I'm learning from cruise I can take into consolidation - that I can enjoy and even embrace moderation, that moderation means you can enjoy a little bit of the best of things you love as opposed to glutting on semi-satisfying things that aren't very good for you at all...

So now - some truth telling!! I was a bit naughty over Easter, I was planning to have just the weekend off, but it stretched into 6 days in the end.  Whoops.  I enjoyed some find microbrewery beer, haggis stuffed chicken, nachos whilst hungover which is the best time to enjoy nachos, salt and vinegar crisps, a kitkat, the best carrot cake ever and a pecan pie that I want to marry in a civil partnership, curry, brownies, mini eggs, sticky toffee pudding, jugs of cocktails, peanuts, etc. The list goes on.  It was NOT restrained.  I think I was (stupidly) trying to cram in EVERYTHING I wanted, or thought I wanted, before going back on the diet.  I hope I've learnt my lesson!  I put on 3lbs over six days and now three days later after some ATTACK!! I have lost it again.  I'm going to do another day of ATTACK!! to get me back on track anyway.  The outlook though (because over the 6 days I was away, 3 days were in one week and three days were in another week) is that I actually lost 1lb overall for each of those weeks, not too heartbreaking.

Click for bigger view

There's something very reasuring about ATTACK!! knowing that you can, for some effort, get your metabolism back on track and fighting fat.  To enhance the graphs from my last post, you can see here my daily weight changes (N.B. The series of +0.2lbs at the end are only an approximation of Easter break, I didn't weigh myself, but all I know is that I was 3lbs heavier at the end so decided to split it up equally over those 6 days) Reassuringly, a large jump today after a few days of ATTACK!!



Click for bigger view

So, all in all, still going well.  I was worried that I would lack the motivation after a break, but I'm not.  It was nice, the photos from the wedding... I can look at them and NOT cringe at the sight of myself!! It's such a good feeling, from someone who perennially loathed photos of herself because she could see what a lard arse she was, to going, "hmmm it's ok, it's getting better..." is a great feeling.  I'm not there yet, but soon I can be a egomaniacal, narcissistic nightmare!!

To end todays blog, I wondered if any of you had seen this *very* interesting article about sugar? The Bitter Truth About Sugar -  I might write something more comprehensive about it later, but I did find it fascinating and relevant to my previous bad eating habits.

Lastly, I just wanted to ask a favour:  Google has annoyingly suspended my account and therefore my blog from it's blogging site - you can only see this via any links I put on twitter.  It's suspended because I haven't used my real name (shock! horror!) so whilst I muse whether I should de-anonamyse myself and even (maybe) putting up a photo from the wedding, I wondered if you could help me out by +1'ing it or something?  More than assisting an egomaniacal, narcissistic nightmare in her blogging, you're helping a fat girl get thin - you have no idea how much this blog and twitter help keep me motivated and on track and how much I think of all my friends on here as, well - friends!

Fatty. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment