Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rawhide!

Hey Folks,

Sorry it's been a long time! Dukan has been a wonderful companion on what has been a pretty bollocks start to 2012.  Did I say start? Is it June already? Man...

So no, no I'm not dead and no I haven't fallen off the Dukan wagon. I've just been engaging in some serious navel gazing.  Things are largely ok, I have my health and my wonderful boyfriend, friends, family and gorgeous cat (meow!) but my job situation has been dire (working hard on intern wages, hating the job, being stuck in terrible job market with niche skills) so I've been poor, overworked, overtired, overstressed, etc. Other metaphorical clouds are lifting - the housemate who hated everyone has finally moved out - hooray!  I think everything has been feeding into a rather negative mind space - job searching and being hated is so soul destroying and bad for the self esteem!


However, Dukan continues to go well.  Before the Jubilee I had 1lb to go to True Weight.  Now I have more than 1lb because I celebrated long and hard ... and I don't care! It was a wonderful week, full of food, fun, family and friends.  I got pissed, ate cake (lots of cake) and everything feels a bit better.  I'm doing a couple of days of PP to get back on track but I'm not sorry I had the break.

Some days are good, some are hard, some are boring, some are easy.  I thought I'd share two recipes with you that make things easier for me:

Magic Milkshake 
1tsp Dukan Cocoa Powder
1tsp Sweetener (I use Total Sweet Xylitol)
1tsp Chocolate extract (optional)
Semi Skimmed Milk
Coffee Ice-cubes (I makes these by brewing a pot of coffee, adding a few tsps of sweetener until it's nice and sweet and then pouring it into ice cube trays and freezing)

   Mix the Cocoa and sweetener together with the chocolate extract 

Pour on a little bit of boiling water until you have a paste







Get your coffee ice-cubes out








Add cold milk and coffee ice-cubes


So, not very complicated, but completely delicious and just hits that sweet, chocolatey, creamy, caffeinated spot!

Dukanized's simplified ciabatta bead 
The wonderful, clever folk at Dukanized came up with this recipe
Which is delicious! However, I can make this in 5 minutes flat if I leave out the tomatoes and bacon, which I substitute with all sorts of other things, massive pinches of herbs, garlic, capers, anchovies, etc.
If you do garlic, oregano and fresh parsley it tastes like dukan garlic bread!
I like to spray the baking parchment with sunflower oil and put a few grains of sea salt down before I pour the batter in.  It's completely amazing.  I use it to make dukan sandwiches, including dukan steak sandwich (which I use a minute steak for) 

Well - those are two recipes that work well for me.  I'll try and post a few more winners in the next few days, as well as some brands that I really like and help the monotony of dukan.

I'm back baby.

Love fatty. xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment