Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

ATTACK! Day 4 & 5

So on day 4 I felt quite dizzy in the morning, I'm sure it's not lack of fluid, man I have been drinking a lot! I think my body (and mind) must be having protein fatigue.  Honestly, I'm still so new to this diet that I still catch myself unawares with things like, "oh, I'll just have an apple... dammit."  However, the weight is still coming off, so I can't complain too much.  I should be down 6lbs at the end of attack, can't wait!!



So the scrambled eggs and mackerel I had on day three were so good, I had them again for day 4 and 5.  Alas, as I wright this on day 6 (last day!) before breakfast, I'm fairly sure we've run out of mackerel, so I will be having hard boiled eggs and "crispy ham" instead!

Friday, day 3, the b/f was off sick so I took him on my walk, along with my friend who works around the corner.  Taking the b/f for a walk is frequently like walking a dog, he finds things (in this instance a chair) picks up and brings them home (oh, we've got so much crap at home!)  At one point he disappeared around the corner and remerged with a Waitrose Christmas pudding that expired in 2008 (I literally have no idea where from) Only by getting my friend to join in shouting at him did we finally get him to put it down and leave it.

The b/f in a past life
So on Friday I again had my delicious smoked salmon blini (mmmm, mmmm, mmmm) and on Saturday I was out of Salmon (sad face) so I made crispy garlic chicken.  It's true what they wrote, it is very delicious.  I chopped loads of parsley over mine, so it was vaguely reminiscent of garlic bread.

A word of warning about weekends, if like me, you lived in a shared house, or have family back at weekends, etc, this is when it can be hard.  For example on Friday night, the b/f had his friend over and they ordered out a curry from our favourite curry house (it's truly amazing, proper, authentic and delicious).  I on the other hand made myself a crab omelette.  This was an error.  Firstly, I hadn't planned what I was having that night, secondly I needed something really tasty to make me mind less about missing out on the curry.  The crab omelette wasn't very nice.  They stuffed down beer, pakora, naan bread, popadoms, curry, rice.  It wasn't too bad, but I'd be lying if I said it was easy to sit at the table and eat a sad little crab omelette.  So PLAN! <-- Note to self.

Secondly, in the UK at least, the weekend is when people drink.  I've said before, I do drink quite a lot. I don't like getting drunk, but I do like a glass, mostly 2 glasses, most evenings.  On the weekend I might celebrate by having a G&T, making myself a cocktail and splitting a bottle and a bit of wine.  I haven't had any mad, bad cravings just yet, but I know I will.  Nicer Housemate asked why I wan't drinking and I told her I'd decided to give up.  She said how sad that made her.  Humph.  We have a routine on Sunday night, after we've tided the house and hoovered, mopped, cleaned, taken out the recycling, etc, that we'll have a drink and watch a movie to ward off Sunday night blues.  Grumpy housemate does not partake in this.  I think she's going to miss me being able to join in on the drinking part.  The b/f has said he will moderate his drinking, try not to drink during the week and try not to drink around me.  Bless him!!

On Saturday we went for a super long walk down to Finny Park, where we fed the ducks and got soaked in the rain.  Even the damn ducks eat bread!   Sorry to go all Bronte-esque, but I do quite like a walk in the rain sometimes, I feel like it helps to blow out all the stuffiness.

An example of the gorgeous Mandarin Duck we fed

We had to walk past the most amazing patisserie on the corner of Tollington Park and Stroud Green

Reconstruction of patisserie de la temptation
It did make me a bit sad.  Which is why when we got home I tried to make something delicious (the garlic chicken) but I feel like I failed a bit because I was desperate.  I made some freestyle cheesecake with quark, sweetner and cocoa powder.  Now it was 100% cocoa powder, but not fat reduced and this seems to get a big No-No on the forums.  *le sigh* It was delicious, but I felt bad.

On Friday I whipped out my coffee pot and made some super strong espresso, this was to help with, ahhh, you know... one of the side effects of just protein.  Anyway, it worked! Hurrah!

On Saturday I made mustard chicken from the back of the Dukan book with my last remaining chicken breast. It was ok, needed more mustard.  I also made my free style cheese cake again, but this time with 0% fat greek yoghurt.  Obviously I felt bad, but not THAT bad.  Need to kick these sweet cravings!! Am definitely going to make Dukanized's tiramisu next week.  It looks completely amazing and will help me feel virtuous.

So, this is Sunday.  The last day.  I had a big ol' sleep in and am going to make myself some brunch soon and plan for my first week of Cruise.  Oh God, I'm going to have roasted tomatoes tomorrow morning. I can't wait!!

Hope you're all getting on well with whatever phase or diet you're on.  Stay strong.


Fatty. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment