Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Lazy

Goodness it's cold in London today.

Just a wee update for this morning.  I thought I'd explain why the blog is called "Anything Dukan Do" and yes, it is totally because I am planning on doing the Dukan Diet!  I haven't got there yet - the book and bathroom scales I ordered in still in the post and I want to get prepared before entering the attack phase.  The title though is to goad me; do you remember the song? Anything you can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you....  Ahhh, silly I know, but I long for the day I can pull off a red ball gown and not look like a telephone box.  I sort of what to compete with the fat girl inside of me, the one who gives up and says not to care, I will do better than her!

I'm trying that attitude that you're meant to have as an athlete, when training you have to picture yourself crossing that finish line.  So it is with me, having finally conceded to loosing weight and silence the voices in my head that make me think I should be concentrating my time and effort on something more high-brow, all I can think about is the moment when people go "my goodness, you've lost a lot of weight!", or "Wow, you're looking great" or even the moment my friends may talk concernedly about my sudden, amazing and rapid weight loss (possibly with a hint of envy!)

Also, because I am a massive spend-thrift, I still have the trousers I had made for me when I was 19 (which I stopped fitting into comfortably about 7 years ago) and then the trousers I bought when I was 24 which I stopped fitting into about 2 years ago and I am longing, LONGING, for the moment when I fit first one and then the other pair.  When I can wear t-shirts without a cardigan because I no long loathe my upper arms.  When I can leave the house withing a top that covers my arse.  When I can do the comedy photo of my standing in my old trousers, pulling out the waste band with a "geee, who knew how easy this was and how great I feel!" look on my face.

I want to be thin and smug.  Well, thin and happy because I can now appreciate how happy thin makes me feel as I know how miserable fat makes me. 

I feel more certain than ever that I can get this done.  Dear old Dr D., via his website, says I need to loose 4.2lbs (1.9kg) in the attack phase over 5 days, and then 2st 4lb (14.5kg) over 115 days to reach my goal weight of 62.3kg - a total loss of 2st 8.2lbs (16.4kg) over 120 days, or 4 months.  Phew!

So hopefully, I'll get all my equipment together on Monday, make my shopping list and plans and stuff and get started pronto.

Can't wait!

Fatty. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment