Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Day Two ATTACK

Hello again!! So, this morning I weighed in at whole kilo lighter, that's a TWO lb. lighter!!  I don't know how or why, but I was thrilled to be on track with the first weigh in after starting the Dukan.  I had a few moments of feeling daunted on the second day, but this is how it panned out:



I had the galette with yoghurt in the morning.  I still really like the galette but I'm not sure about it for breakfast, I think I prefer it savoury... time shall tell.  I think I was sad that there were moments where I was like "mmmm chopped bananas and a nice drizzle of honey would be delicious on this" and then realising that I can't have that and then doing the mental arithmetic to work out how long it was going to be until I could have that... and then I felt a little bit sad.

But it was all better by lunch, I had the tandoori chicken from the recipe at the back of the Dukan book.  I had prepared it yesterday whilst I was making the burgers, so it had a good time to slop around in it's marinade.  It was yum.  I only had Birdseye chillies and one small green one does I lot to spice up your food, so it was really nice to feel like I was eating something so flavoursome.  I slightly overstuffed myself as I was feeling quite hungry post galette.

I snacked on some diet coke in the afternoon and went for a really gorgeous walk.  I know it's only been 2 days but I'm loving them as a way to get out, just for a short while and go for a quiet pootle.  Found a sweet park up towards Highgate that I had never known was there, am looking forward to doing some more investigating soon!

For dinner I made the tuna pie from the lovely dukanized.com.  They really embrace the philosophy of cooking your way through this diet and daily update the site with tasty looking recipes, which I heartily approve of.   God knows I won't make if I just eat eggs & ham and that re-callibrating my brain to cook Dukan Style is the only way I will succeed, because I know I can't deprive or punish myself for too long.  Anyway, see how the pie turned out:

Dukanized Tuna Pie - scrumptious!

I made it without the cornflour (because I'm on ATTACK!) and without the oatbran as I'd already had my ration for the day, so I shoved a pickled gherkin in for good luck.  It was really easy to make, I was being quite lazy so just shoved everything in the blender and it came out wonderfully.  I made double the recipe so I now have a spare tuna pie in the fridge as well a two little pots of tuna pie ready to go for an afternoon snack if I need.  Perfect!

The sad face my cat makes when I don't share
Once again, the cat tried to hustle me out of my dinner - honestly, he's such a fan of the Dukan and starts whinging the minute I start preparing food.  Funny, he really didn't care much for carbs.

I was feeling a bit sugar deprived after the pie, so mixed some sweetener into some zero fat yoghurt.  It almost helped.

Had a big pot of rooibos tea to watch a film with in the evening and a big pint of water as I wasn't sure I'd quite made up my water intake for the day and had to pee like a racehorse for most of the evening.  You live and learn!

Fatty. Xx

Check list:


  • 1 1/2 tbs oatbran - Tick!
  • 30 minute walk - Tick! (was actually more like 50 mins)
  • 2 litres of fluid (1 pot of tea in the morning, 1 diet coke and 1 1/2 pint of water, another 1/2 lt of herbal tea in the evening - Tick!
  • Enjoyed food - Tick!

No comments:

Post a Comment