Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Day One Down

ATTTTTAAAAAAACK!!! I have to say every time someone says 'Attack Phase' I see this in my minds eye:


So, day one went well...

For those curious to know, I had:



Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs (with quark) and two slices of low fat ham

Lunch:
I made the Galette (and am really pleased I bought a carton of egg whites, otherwise I think I'd be over-egged) and had it with some quark, chives and smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon and ground pepper.  It was DELICIOUS! It's like a giant blini, hooray for massive party food!  I was really worried that I wouldn't like the galette, but thankfully I think it's great!  I ballsed up my first attempt at making it, but once you know to get the pan nice and hot, it's easy and tasty.

For a snack I tried to put some peppermint (sugar free!) flavour into some zero fat plain yoghurt - BAD IDEA.  I tasted so wrong.  I let myself have a diet coke instead.  I have a funny relationship with diet coke, namely, I don't like it.  I have always found flat coke to be an excellent hangover cure, but wasn't bought up with fizzy, sugary drinks, so never crave them or buy them.  I did however buy some in preparation for Dukan as I'd read the book and it seemed like a sound idea.  To be honest the coke was nice and give me that sweetness that I was craving.  Worried I will end up like John McCririck in Celebrity Big Brother.

I wanted to put some pictures up of my amazing cooking but ate everything too quickly to get a shot in, so instead here is a picture of my cat:

I CAN HAZ LEGZ?

Dinner:
I incorporated my 30 minute walk to the shops to buy enough mince for me and b/f to both have some burgers for dinner.  It was very tasty and really quick to do.  I mixed 500g of 5% fat beef with 1 egg, half a finely chopped onion, a finely chopped red birds eye chilli and some mashed up garlic.  This made 4 large and 2 small burgers which I cooked up in the grill pan the b/f gave me for valentines (he's so sweet) I had mine with some Dukan Mayonnaise with loads of parsley chopped in and some finely sliced gerkins. Yum yum yum.

Check list:

  • 1 1/2 tbs oatbran - Tick!
  • 30 minute walk - Tick!
  • 2 litres of fluid (1 pot of tea in the morning, 1 lt, 1 diet coke and 1 pint of water, another 1/2 lt of herbal tea in the evening - Tick!
  • Enjoyed food - Tick!
  • Ate food too fast - boo!
So far, so good.

Fatty. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment