Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Bye-Bye Bread; Attack Day 1

"Do you want to do a special last meal?" That's why the b/f kept asking and I said "No, I don't want to make a big thing about it..."

Anyway, because I had initially wanted to start Dukan about a week ago but put it off until today, inevitably I had some time and stomach room over the weekend to reflect on that choice.

Geez, what a weekend.  Not food wise, but just ... eh.  I think I might have mentioned that we had a friend come and stay, anyway she's a burlesque performer and we went to go and see her act in a club on Saturday night. Now I know I definitely haven't mentioned that I used to be a Burlesque performer!! Oh yes.  It wasn't even particularly amateurish either, I used to shake my stuff for the biggest Burlesque club in the world!! Ah, but that was YEARS ago, when I was curvy but slim - although not 'thin' I was happy with my body.  Well, I haven't been out to a burlesque club in years, mostly because I find them a bit dull now, but also because none of my corsets fit anymore and I feel like a big, fat frump trying to live up the echos of my past self.  Getting back in my 22" waist corset will be a dream come true.  Before we left on Saturday I had a minor freakout which, if you are like me, is because clothes no longer give you pleasure by enhancing your best bits, but cause great personal distress because you can no longer disguise the worst.  I think I have to hold onto that feeling of 'going out horror' for moments of personal weakness during the diet.  

The "Geez, what a weekend" was because it was a relatively fractious time; the burly girl has become completely self-absorbed so the whole weekend was diatribes about how awesome she is, also the b/f and her kept falling out, which is awkward when someone is a houseguest, regardless of what pain in the arse they are.

Needless to say I drank WAY more than I should have, just to get through that awkwardness.  I also cooked a MASSIVE roast on Sunday, which was extremely delicious but was tinged with sadness as I scoffed down some truly stunning roast potatoes.  Bye-bye potatoes.  She was still here Monday, so last night was yet more drinking and scoffing nachos at the pub.  Mmmm cheese sweats.  Bye-bye cheese.

Some of ATTACK! shopping, lots of fish and meat and spices and low fat dairy.

Hello Ham & Eggs! Oh yes, the Dukan Attack Phase kicked off this morning with scrambled eggs (mixed with Quark, first experience of it, it is ok) and low fat ham, with some chives.  It was quite good. I haven't yet succumbed to kidney failure (reference to what I overheard my friend saying about the Dukan diet) and I am already almost a litre into a pot of tea (sans milk) and am planning on doing my walk around lunchtime so I get some fresh air and sunshine.  Ahhhh.  Also, in mega-preparedness look:

Stock
I made chicken stock from the roast on Sunday and I didn't add salt; just an onion, some bay leaves, rosemary, etc.  I'm not sure I'll do anything with it this week, but come Cruise phase I may make some EPIC chicken soup with some yummy yummy veggies.

Onwards & Upwards,

Fatty. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment